Misty Fjords National Monument Tour
- Approximate 70 minute airtour and 20 minute mid-tour landing in Misty Fjords.
- Unforgettable adventure from liftoff to final landing.
- Wildlife viewing opportunities include Alaska black and brown bear, mountain goats, harbor seals, eagles, humpback and orca whales and more.
- All six passengers enjoy window seats on our DeHavilland Beaver seaplanes.
- Interactive two-way voice communication with your pilot.
- Round trip courtesy transportation from and to the Ketchikan Cruise Ship Dock.
Cost: $242 Per Person, Tour Duration 90 Min
The Spectacular Misty Fjords Tour is a must-see flightseeing experience that will provide a lifetime of memories. And, to give you a chance to soak it all in, we’ll treat you to a mid-flight water landing where you can listen to the silence and reflect on nature’s wonder.
We offer the best view, the most memorable experience available. Your pilot will share a local’s love, respect and knowledge of the land. While searching for wildlife below, enjoy a narrative of the lore, legend and history of Alaska on your comfortable head-sets.
From Wikipedia: John Muir compared the Misty Fiords with the Yosemite Valley for its very similar geology and glacial morphology. Granite has been sculpted by glaciers that gouged deep U-shaped troughs throughout the monument. Many of the glacial valleys are filled with sea water and are called “canals”, but they are not man-made in any way; the walls of these valleys are near-vertical and often rise 2,000 to 3,000 feet above sea level, and drop 1,000 feet below it. Most mountain tops in the monument are in the 4,000 to 5,000 foot elevation range. Tree line is usually around 2,700 feet.